What path to mount?
A VPN connection is required when accessing these paths from outside of the RU network.
If you have trouble connecting to a network share after following the steps below, do not hessitate to contact us. We’ll be happy to assist you!
To assign a drive letter to a network share:
- Open file explorer and go to This PC
- In the ribbon select Computer -> Map network drive -> Map network drive
- Choose a drive letter and fill in the network share path, which starts with
- Select Reconnect at sign-in
- Select Connect using different credentials
- Click Finish
- Fill in your Science loginname and your password
- Select Remember my credentials and click Ok
The network drive should now be visible in Explorer. If not? Contact us!
To connect to a network share on a macOS system:
- Open Finder, for example, by clicking somewhere on the Desktop
- Under the Go menu, choose Connect to Server , or use the Command + K keyboard short cut
- Specify the share path, which starts with
smb://..., and click Connect
- Use your Science account and your password to authenticate
The network drive should now be available in Finder. If not? Contact us!
To mount a network share on a Ubuntu Linux system:
- Open the file manager Files
- On the left side, click +Other Locations
- In the bottom bar, at Connect to Server, enter the network share path, which starts with
- Click the Connect button
- A dialog pops up that asks for authentication
- For Connect as, select Registered User
- Fill in your Science account and your password
- (Leave the suggested field Domain unchanged, it’s value actually does not matter)
- Choose weather or not your system should remember your password
- Hit hit the Connect button to finalize
The network drive should now be available in ‘Files’. If not? Contact us!
Mobile devices have no built-in or standard way of accessing network shares. Various apps fill in that gap. These are apps that support accessing network shares:
|Astro File Browser + Astro SMB module||File manager|
|SyncMe Wireless||Sync app|
|FolderSync Lite or FolderSync Pro||Sync app|
|FileBrowser||File manager with built-in document viewer|
|GoodReader||Primarily for PDF documents|