“GitLab is an incredibly powerful open source code collaboration platform, git repository manager, issue tracker and code reviewer.” Quoted from the GitLab website
The URL for GitLab is: http://gitlab.science.ru.nl
You’ll see two login options:
- Science login - for students, employees of the Science Faculty and external users. Use your Science login.
- Standard - for external users joined before March 7th 2023.
Although anyone with a Science Login can login to GitLab, only people that have actually logged in to GitLab will be visible for other GitLab users. Keep that in mind when adding people to projects or groups.
If you wish to add external users to your GitLab project, please request a Science login with access rights limited to GitLab.
A GitLab-only Science login is registered as a so called external user in GitLab. As an external user, you can’t create projects, but you can be assigned to an existing project. Consult GitLabs documentation about external users for more information.
Git and managing large files
As of July 18th 2016, LFS (Large File Storage) support is enabled on the GitLab server. Git LFS allows you to manage version control on large files without storing them in the git repository. Please refer to the Git LFS project website for more information.
- 2023-03-07 Science logins for external GitLab users.
- 2022-10-17 enabled the feature-flags for the Debian API.
- 2021-12-03 Enabled GitLab pages.
- 2021-10-21 enabled the Docker Container Registry service. See the gitlab documentation for more info.
- 2020-06-26 gitlab.pep.cs.ru.nl moved to a new Ubuntu 20.04 server. These are the ssh fingerprints for
256 SHA256:bVYa+loFqV0Hdv3sPukp40zf1LdQd4PNBOSJa6oRnyE root@gitlab9 (ECDSA) 256 SHA256:j4pDiX2SSKGHjoZ1OQXgrKpIvLxrCnckZCtYWapHFcM root@gitlab9 (ED25519) 3072 SHA256:QIdVcGdaEhyYXcUVtc2FIa1R9F/1KUekR+7IV23c0LI root@gitlab9 (RSA)
- 2019-01-25 GitLab updated to version 11.7.0 and moved to a new Ubuntu 18.04 server. You might encounter an SSH prompt when pushing or pulling code. The current ssh fingerprints for
SHA256:7G/4WD/tUE8H0k9MkBznlcx+ZWgUxnn3KazKm1XQwRk root@gitlab (ED25519) SHA256:NgZ9HciXlwG5JNPSFbem7bBbDbhqaNAO7JHag8rwi/I root@gitlab (RSA) SHA256:BSSXi19WgCSpZu5AQkUTtwm+5zAMioQJpFE3oxBrIMQ root@gitlab (ECDSA)
- 2016-09-13 Configured reply by email. You can now simply reply by email to GitLab mail notifications.
- 2016-07-18 Setup GitLab LFS (Large File Storage).
Updates to GitLab are usually done on Friday mornings. During the upgrade, GitLab may be unavailable for a while.