System Development and Administration
System development and administration is located in room HG03.055.
Who are they?
What do they do?
System Administration takes care of
- Management of the servers of the faculty and of various departments.
- Back-up and restore of the data on the servers.
- Management of work places in the departments and in the PC-rooms and publicly available working places: Managed PC’s with MS-Windows and/or Ubuntu Linux.
For all other computers (hundreds of MS-Windows PCs and tens of Linux PCs and MACs, not managed by C&CZ) it is understood that the owner (department) takes care of the systems management. For these systems, C&CZ system administration can try to answer questions.
- Support for education renewal and digital provision of information.
- Internet-number administration (nameserver, DNS/DHCP) for the Faculty of Science.