Also see the working from home page provided by the central IT Service Centre.
BASS can only be accessed directly from the campus network or through VPN from any Internet location. Note however that from a small part of the subnets at the Faculty of Science, direct access to BASS is not possible. These subnets are the ones with servers that can be accessed from the Internet.
Files on network discs
There are two ways to access your network files:
- Establish a VPN connection and access network shares like you would normally do
- Use an SCP client to connect to an SSH login server.
- Video conferencing from the browser: https://jitsivm.science.ru.nl
Video conferencing + notes + presentation sharing: BigBlueButtonstopped due to security issues
- Microsoft teams
- Conference calls: https://conferencecall.nl
- Zoom either free or you can request a license from the University for larger meetings.
Linux Login Server / Cluster
From there, login to the Science cluster.
You can ask for help in the usual way.
Remote Desktop (last resort!)
In some cases, there is no alternative to working on your work PC. However this should be a last resort and not to be used all the time. It puts the most strain on the VPN service and it requires the PC to have a permanent IP address, which is not the common situation.
If you really need this, please send e-mail to email@example.com with the following information:
- who is maintaining the PC? You, C&CZ or ISC
- hostname or ip address of your PC
Sometimes additional information like room number and outlet number helps to resolve ambiguities
- the username you use to login to the PC (in case PC is managed by C&CZ)
- reason why you need it (we may know alternatives you didn’t think of)
In order to use Remote Desktop you need to: